This blog has been created to provide an avenue for a greater understanding of sociology for students, graduate students, and academics. Many people have an unfamiliar understanding of sociology because it is a subject that is often not discussed in many high schools and the popular press does not pay as much attention to sociological research as many other disciplines. The goal of this blog is to provide a greater understanding of the theories, methods of research, and statistical analysis that are the basis for the discipline. Also this blog will discuss many of the debates within sociology such as; structure vs. agency, qualitative and quantitative research, and the objective and subjective spheres of human behavior.
Also this blog will critique sociology when needed. It is the idea of the creator of this blog that the only way sociology, or any other discipline can advance is through a thorough questioning of the discipline itself. With this I welcome all comments and opinions. I will write back when I can and look forward to a thorough discussion of issues within the sociologicial realm. While this blog will be focused on sociology because that is what I am getting my PH.D in, All social scientists should feel welcome to expound on the thoughts of this blog. Often in the social sciences there are problems that cross different scientific realms and only through a collaborative understanding can we be better equipped to handle the problems of society.
No comments:
Post a Comment